Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Devotionals & Speakers

Are we going to have any speakers? I realize that might be an additional cost, but we could maybe pull speakers from the attendees themselves, depending on who's coming. And we could do a live roundtable-type thing, like they do at the HSA Reunion. That was kinda fun!

Also, I think we should do a devotional each morning at breakfast. Not sure who's coming who could lead it, but I bet there will be enough dads around that we could get someone to do it. Nothing like starting the day on the right foot!

13 comments:

Kamon TCV said...

Heather,

I had also thought about that and plan at the least to have a devotional every morning.

Speakers we will have to see about.

Roundtable on the other hand. Is a piece of cake. I am sure most don't agree but the round table we had in our dorm last year was the best of the whole reunion. We tore it up.

Laurel Lee said...

Oh I think the devotions every morning is a GREAT idea! :-D (I was going to mention that myself! ;-)

I wasn't at this last reunion.... what happened with the round table thing??? does everyone say something?? :-)

Kamon TCV said...

A few people lead the dicussion and answer the questions that are brought up. It is I believe based off (mostly) the topic in the forums.

I honestly didn't stick around for some of the stuff. So if we do one I don't mind if others feel the same way.

It will have been a year since I have seen my close pals and I would rather talk to them than anything.

Even sports.

Heather S said...

Yeah, that was one thing that was hard about the Reunion last year - there were lotsa good programs that I enjoyed but I also wanted to TALK with people. Couldn't manage both.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think morning devotions sound like an excellent idea!

However, I don't really think having speakers or a roundtable discussion would quite fit. Remember, we're having a get-together with friends, not a homeschool conference. ;) Visiting and having a fun time take up too much time anyway. :D

Heather S said...

Well, I'm not hard over on the speakers. It's just nice to have a few scheduled things through the day so people can find each other. We've found at various gatherings (conferences, reunions, etc.) that if there are no plans made, people often scatter to the four winds and it's tough to find folks to socialize with unless you happen to be right there when they say, "Hey let's go climb that mountain over there." :D

JeremyV said...

Roundtable, maybe. Speakers, nah! :D Just my opinion. :-)

But I agree with Josh on this one that this is a get-together, not a conference...

Kamon TCV said...

I agree with you both.

Therefore we will have good moderation!

There will be several things planned and alot of time where there is nothing planned.

We are working on the rough draft presently and hope to have a good idea soon.

Lydia said...

I have to agree with Josh and Jeremy it's a get-together. And we are going to have scheduled events just not a ton of them :) . I have already been working on the schedule, however as of yet the committee is not ready to post it on the blog. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me :)

Heather S said...

'Course I have questions. What's the schedule?? That's the first question! LOL

Okay, I'll be patient and wait for you to post it. :D

Ethan La Don said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ethan La Don said...

Devotions every morning is good idea,I think there is alot of programs and get togethers that leave that out,but it's a great way to start the morning. I don't think we need speakers,we have Josh and Kamon. :) jk

Odin said...

Heather can speak while dinner is being eaten. :d