Thursday, July 2, 2009

Name Tags

Have you ever been at an HSA reunion, sat down next to someone new, and introduced yourself? And then, after the preliminary intro questions (such as "how many pets do you have?" and "do you eat dogfood for breakfast?") you find out that you ALREADY KNOW the person online and they PM you four times a day? Now that is embarassing.

The remedy for such sad situations is simply for everyone to wear a name tag. I'm wondering if y'all are planning on name tags? If not, could we lobby for getting a package of the sticky back kind that you can fill out yourself? It would be Highly Helpful to help everyone identify each other. :D

4 comments:

Stacy G. said...

Don't worry Heather. We ALL know who YOU are. :twisted: :P

Anonymous said...

The short obstinate over there....yeah that's her....

:D

Your Favorite Neighbour said...

Somehow I don't think she was worried about knowing her own name :-/ then again I could be wrong ^_^ 'course, one could always ask the name/SN info BEFORE asking all the other questions, but I happen to like name tags, too. Saves a lot of embarrassment for those of us who forget names easily :halo: And if you get those ones that say "hello I'm" then have a blank, they're a lot more fun for us smart alacky types :D

Heather S said...

Oh yes indeed.
"Hello, I'm blond."
"Hello, I'm ditzy."
"Hello, I'm a grumpster."

I wouldn't even need to put my name after all that!

/sarcasm. :P :P

I can see I'm definitely going to need that baseball bat. :twisted: